Plans are in place for a scarecrow invasion and family festival this year.
There are many tasks to be done, some requiring a few hours a week for a few weeks in the spring, some not until September, while other tasks will be ongoing.
The Meaford Scarecrow Invasion and Family Festival executive would welcome whatever time, skills, and energy that volunteers have to offer to help:
- build and dress scarecrows in August
- design and assemble scarecrow vignettes
- pick and haul corn stalks
- distribute posters
- help with the children’s activities during the family festival
- help set up for the festival
- help as parade marshals
- join the kazoo band
Would you be willing to serve on the executive as treasurer or on a committee as
- secretary for the OPP Municipality Invasion Liaison Committee
For more information and to volunteer, contact Donna Earl, Event Chair, Meaford Scarecrow Invasion and Family Festival, at 519-270-9106 or email@example.com