Meaford Scarecrow Invasion mandate and goals
Did you know that the Scarecrow Invasion has a Mandate and Goals?
Yes, we do! Our mandate keeps us on track each year and if we get a bit overwhelmed it reminds us why we love doing this invasion.
The Meaford Scarecrow Invasion & Family Festival is a Not-for-Profit organization, completely volunteer driven community event, whose purpose is to foster tourism, economic development, and community spirit, by involving and including all residents, businesses and organizations in planning and implementing the event.
Each year, we review and set our goals for the Invasion.
- To encourage volunteerism
- To encourage community friendships
- To create an event appealing to all ages
- To encourage shopping in the business areas of the Municipality
- To help “beautify” the entire community with an “invasion” of scarecrows from mid-September to mid-October
- To promote tourism and economic development in the Municipality, and the County
- To create a special “Big Fall Weekend” at the end of September (or first weekend in October)
- To work closely with other events to create a festival spirit throughout the entire month of September
- To have FUN and CELEBRATE the harvest season in the “Apple Capital of Ontario”