With your help
Scarecrows Go Western
Wanted: Used clothing and garden hose, props, volunteers.
The Meaford Scarecrow Invasion and Family Festival volunteers are gearing up to build and dress more than 250 western-style scarecrows and need your help.
- Colourful T-Shirts, adult sizes S, M, L
- Any colour turtlenecks or long-sleeve T-Shirts adult sizes S, M, L
- Long-sleeve shirts especially plaid long sleeve shirts, adult sizes S, M, L
- Vests, all sizes, all colours
- Pants, kid sizes 14,16; women’s S, M; and men’s S, M
- Blue jeans, kid sizes 14,16; women’s S, M; men’s S, M
- Colourful Full Skirts (square dance) kid sizes 14,16; women’s S, M
- Material: Cotton colourful, plaid, gingham for patches
- Accessories: belts, scarves, ties, hats, bandanas, etc, and cowboy boots
Please: No children`s clothing, heavy sweaters, hoodies, jackets, pantyhose.
If you have any of the items listed above to donate, please drop them off at
the scarecrow display at Bill’s valu-mart starting Monday, April 16th.
Scarecrow volunteers also need props:
- metal coffee pots
- enamel cookware
- metal pails
- old lanterns
- milk cans
- water troughs
- hobby horses
- spring horses
- long pieces of rope
Email Candy Yeandle to arrange pick-up at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOSE FOR WORKSHOPS
Body building & scarecrow assembly workshops are in May, June, and August at the Rotary Harbour Pavilion, 9-noon, except the August 21 evening workshop (5:30-8:30 p.m.) Join in the fun for ANY or ALL of the workshops listed below. No experience necessary!
Thursday, May 24
Tuesday, May 29
Wednesday, May 30
Tuesday, June 5
Wednesday, June 6
Wednesday, August 15
Tuesday, August 21
Wednesday, August 22
Bring your friends for refreshments and lots of fun!
For information, contact Ruthann Noble at email@example.com
We can make good use of any used garden hose. Please leave it outside the red Meaford Scarecrow Invasion shed at the harbour.