April 8, 2019, Meaford, ON – Time is fast approaching for the 2019 Meaford Scarecrow Invasion and Family Festival.
This award-winning event could not be possible without the help of hundreds of volunteers, each contributing a few hours a week, a few hours a month…whatever time and skills they have to offer.
The Invasion’s Executive and Committee Chairs are looking forward to seeing all our volunteers again this year during the building and dressing workshops at the harbour pavilion in May, June, and August as we prepare for the 2019 Scarecrows’ Book Invasion.
In addition to building and dressing scarecrows during the workshops, we are looking for volunteers who are willing to:
- Be part of the team of experienced volunteers who organize and run the workshops;
- Be part of the team that transports the scarecrows from the storage shed to the pavilion; and
- Be part of a the team that transports the scarecrows and cornstalks from the shed to the scarecrow vignettes in September
Parade and Festival Committee
The Parade Committee is looking for
- Parade Marshalls for the day of the parade, Friday, Oct. 4th.
The Festival Committee is looking for
- A volunteer to organize and supervise the set-up and take-down for the family festival at harbour pavilion. Electric experience an asset.
The Executive Committee is looking for an Event Co-Chair, that is, someone with strong leadership skills who can see ‘the big picture’, to help oversee the volunteer work of the Executive Committee and serve as the face of the Scarecrow Invasion & Family Festival. This individual would be a public relations ambassador within and outside the community.
If you are able to help with any of these tasks, please contact either:
Donna Earl, Event Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org